Saturday, March 15, 2008

4 month update

Didn't know it had been 4 month since I blogged on my own site. I read several daily and enjoy reading about old (yes, you guys are OLD)college pals and the growing babies. I think I'll try to learn how to add a picture someday soon. Although I am camera challenged. We got Jessica a new one for Xmas and she took my memory card b/c M was ordering on on Ebay....which didn't work and came all the way from Hong Kong...so I still need to go to Best Buy and get one.

We are on Spring Break this week. We have a few play dates planned with some friends then head to Harding U on Thurs for Spring Sing, whoa everybody SING SING YEAH!!! Jess and I will do some wedding stuff in LR on Fri. The PV church bldg has tables, tablecloths, candlesticks, sheers and more to borrow. Plus we just decide where the tables for the reception need to be placed and they set it up for us. NICE!!! That will be a HUGE thing to mark off our list. The girls are very excited about Spring Sing and all plan to be hostesses some day. :) Two of the kids who hosted the show last year went to HUF with Jess and Josh and are singing in the wedding. Kat is OVER THE MOON to meet them. So funny!

We are getting used to life in SL. After our last trip back to the ortho in Indep, Hannah said "it wasn't home anymore". She had the sad realization that the old friends move on without you and it's different to hang with them. Part of the moving package. I joined the New Neighbor's League of SL which is a club for fun and friendship to new people in the area. I have been to luncheons at parts of SL that are out of my usual "comfort zone", but my trusty GPS gets me there and home. They have all kinds of activities and opportunities to meet people, so it's good.

Not much else to report now....hope to dent the boxes in the "cardboard jungle" of a basement that we have. Mark is unpacking and hopes to unload some of his treasure on Ebay or Goodwill....I let him do the same with my rejected treasurers. :)

No comments: