Thursday, November 15, 2007

News from SL

Nothing like having so much to do that you do something else to further distract yourself. :) I'm due in Em's class in a few min, so no time to do any REAL work--so I'll blog a bit. My church gals are taking me out for lunch today...looking forward to that. I always miss my mom during the week of our birthdays. Mom's was one day before mine and we always celebrated together. I don't miss the crazy years of taking doughnuts to the nursing home and watching Mom pick crumbs off the floor---why can't I forget that celebration and remember only all the 2 layer cakes with my name in frosting, after home made fried chicken, orange tapioca salad, etc.....We enjoyed celebrating our special days together and that will always be with me.

It's been busy this past month. I was out of town at least once a week, working my business or playing or both. I was in Searcy twice--working and visiting Jess. We were able to fit the Homecoming play in our plans. It was "The Wizard of Oz" and so GOOD! I wished I had brought the little girls. (Not H since she saw "Wicked" in Chicago last week without me lol). I hit Indep for a haircut and took H to the ortho. We go back in Dec to get her braces off and she's THRILLED---I was thrilled to make the LAST payment :) for that mouth---2 down, 3 to go.

Last week I took the younger 3 to Silver Dollar City. It was perfect weather, lots of people in the park, but mostly senior citizens and they weren't riding the rides, so we rode and rode and rode. The lights were wonderful, hanging out with my favorite SDC pal, Joy, was good medicine for this gal. The girls got along really well and we couldn't have had a nicer time.

Lots to do to finish up Nov. We have a couple sets of company coming, so that means cleaning. In all my years of being a mom, I don't think I have ever gotten out the vacuum without someone asking "Who's coming over?" Like we can live without terminal crumbs when company comes. Anyway, I got the drawers changed over in the girls room, not mine....a huge job when you know where your stuff is, even bigger when you still have cardboard decor.:) I have a couple shows to do---yay! We'll get to see the folks next week in Jackson, plus our Dallas pals, Dale and Lesa, plus their five hopefully and some more company here after that. Jess gets in this Fri and I have big plans to have good help around here. :)

Time to head to the first grade. Em's teacher lets me read with the kids--LOVE IT!!

1 comment:

pattiecobb3south said...

Hi KS. I just got your email. We hope you'll join our blogging fun. I got this address from Dee and I've been checking (lurking) here from time to time. Hugs. Gail