Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hitting the Target

Today H and I got up early and drove to Indep for her ortho appt. She planned to eat lunch at THS with her pals while I got my hair cut etc...My appt fell thru and I can't go on with this Kunta Kinte (story of Roots) much longer, so that's another musing.... So by the grace of a friendly attendance clerk who used to like Mark and felt sorry for our demise at IPS, H got in and had a lovely visit. I got to do the retail therapy that one's favorite stores can provide especially at the 70% rack. Don't know what I was thinking shopping alone, I can never tell if anything looks good, always looks bad to me....but I did pick up several things for M and me to add to our beach collection which happens 2 weeks from today! Woo hoo!

Anyway, H and I chatted most of I70 about how weird it was to be in Indep doing what we used to do and not being a part of all of it anymore. I know from leaving JC that it's rough being a visitor where you used to be a part of a group. At first it's easier to stay away than go thru the pain. Then it gets a bit easier, and more so if you're trying to move forward. I tried to help H get thru this rough patch, but I'm about in the same boat. I have 3 Targets and a Kohl's 2 huge Malls and all the box stores anyone needs, but I shopped where it was easy. Didn't have to wander around looking for the sale racks, already knew where they were. Moving forward will have to include learning the new stores. Lucky for me we have a new Kohl's opening next month by our shopping center. :)

I did have a fun lunch with a couple friends and they are also going to be here in SL to worship with us--good times. New friends meet the old, all good.

H will recover quickly. She gets to go to Chicago with the LHS band and has a date to Homecoming. Not bad for a kid who's been here a month. Kat has had a head full of pollen and now a sinus infection. I did find a nice dr's office on my end of the county. Was very pleased about finding them. Little does she know that having us for patients is like walking into a new retirement account. :)

Off to rest my I-70 bones. Think Mission Impossible is upstairs, a man with a remote and he's not afraid to use it.

No comments: