Monday, September 10, 2007

Comforts of home

We are trying to make this new place feel like home. Sat I made banana bread--had to run to the store for baking powder and soda--pantry not fully functioning yet. Yesterday we had our first roast dinner and a Chiefs game. The roast dinner was a huge success, unlike the Chiefs, but that is also familiar--Chiefs losing. :)

Hannah had a big drumline competition on Sat at our HS. It rained and had to be held in the gym--so it was LOUD!! I was bummed to have to sit alone as I know no one everywhere I go, so I was surprised to hear someone shouting "Kristin, Kristin" as I walked thru the gym. I turned and found Mrs. Rhea the girls 2nd and 3rd grade teacher from Belair in JC! Her daughter is H's age and is the 1st girl on the snareline in 20 years at JCHS. We were delighted to chat between bands and she was thrilled to get to see H. Our percussion group did really well, but of course, Jeff City won the event and I was happy to stand and cheer with them. Once a Jay, Always a JAY!! I'll look forward to seeing the JC band at other competitions this fall.

The house is coming along. I need to finish up my room and bathroom then work on decorating the girls rooms one at a time. Plus we have umpteen boxes in the garage and basement to wrangle. Would love to park in the garage by the time snow flies.

Busy days ahead, like always. Looking forward to Jess and Josh coming this weekend. The church is having the official "Welcome to the Stinnetts" Potluck on Sun and Jess is coming. We are ready to see her as we didn't get enough of her over the 6 days she was home this summer. Lots of standing around and smiling at people for all of us. It's all good. It's all good.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kris, I find it difficult to fathom a drum competition being held INSIDE even when you do know someone with whom to sit. Knowing you, soon enough you'll be back to knowing crowds of people . . . give it time.

I'll make sure my mom knows you're back to posting--she's been a champ with the email. Never too late to learn!